Tuesday 16 March 2010

What a girl wants



I was checking out The Sartorialist this evening and he threw out an interesting question. Was the Louis Vuitton show really how men like to see women? I think the short answer is yes, but I must say I was also in love with the girlish Vuitton show (if I can call it that? Perhaps I should say womanly...) After so many seasons of hard edged leather biker jackets, Marc Jacobs made women want a full skirted leather skirt, honestly the way this man changes your perception of fashion is mind-blowing. I think the Vuitton show is how every really woman wants to look, (although some have argued a case for the AW10 Celine collection...I beg to differ). Skinny jeans and mannish oversized coats may be easy to wear and have an effortless cool edge but full-skirts , corseted sundresses and elbow length sleeves take a sophisticated effort, and next winter making an effort is looking seriously appealing.


Oh and check out the shoes from the show. If that's not my dream court, I don't know what is.

No comments: