Saturday 30 January 2010

The Tress








I have been in love with the trench coat for years. Ever since Gap did that advertising campaign full of pastel coloured trenches circa 2000/2001 and I have never looked back. And whats not to love when it comes down to it? The flattering double breasted shape, the hourglass enhancing fabric belt. Holly Golighty eat your heart out.

So a couple of weeks ago I was enjoying a fashion discussion with a very good friend who happens to work for Burberry. We were gabbling about the stunning SS10 collection, which was full of candy coloured trenches some of which were so slim fitting and stylised that they were basically dresses or shall we call then tresses?

Now in my mind the tress should be as successfully as DVF''s wrap. The talented Rachel Roy has been making the style her signature stamp in every one of her collections for several years now, but it just didn't quite capture women's imaginations. Well Perhaps SS10 is the time, mini-length tresses have exploded, (check out Celine's utility chic sleeveless version or Alexander Wang's cool cut out option.) Will you be rocking the tress next season? I know I will be!

No comments: