Tuesday 6 April 2010

Dodgwa Fash-wa: Trackie Bs go couture

So when Alexander Wang shows something on a catwalk it's safe to say it's gonna catch on. The sport-luxe trend is EVERYWHERE this season, even more than all those pesky fleshy hues and I'm kind of loving it. Having purchased a grey Gap off-the-shoulder sweater this weekend, which compliments my sage peg-legs, I'm positively in enamoured with the look. An off-the-shoulder top isn't exactly difficult to pull off, fashion tracksuit bottoms on the other hand...

I have to admit, I've been wrestling with the notion of tracksuit chic for many months. I love an open-toe bootie and think they look great with harems, but harems made from sweat material?! It all seems just a step too far. All I know is that I don't want to look back on Summer 2010 and feel the same way I do about looking back at photos of myself in a rip-off juicy couture velour tracksuit c.2001, J to the LO I wasn't...Although these Whistles sweats could convince me otherwise, so i'm preparing myself for fashion shame as we speak.


No comments: