Saturday 5 December 2009

When fashion does bad/good things for Christmas...

I have seen a lot of pretentious Christmas decorations around this December, too many twinkling white lights and not enough pow factor. For me Christmas has always been about multi-coloured lights and over the top baubles (all very tasteful of course...) John Galliano designed the Claridges Christmas tree and even with Dior couture and all, it still fell flat www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/dec/02/christmas-fashion-john-galliano.

Yesterday I braved Bath to check out the festivities and came across what in my opinion is the definitive Christmas window at the fabulous Prey boutique ( www.preyuk.com ) The inspired window had mysterious masked mannequins complete with fairy light chokers, heart-stopping necklaces, whilst swathed in Vionnet-esque white satin. Who said fashion can't do Christmas? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.


No comments: