Thursday 18 February 2010

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of...

Ok, Ok New York fashion week has been and gone. So many strong collections and I guess some disappointments. My observations? Overall I'd say that the biggest trend has got to be the return of the suit and a hell of a lot of fur (did you see Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs?) Peta are gonna have a field day. Anyway here are my top moments!

4 Fab New York fashion week triumphs:

1. Devi Kroell doing what she does best...Accessories. Surely the gilded knee length sandal boots she showed were made for a biker version of Venus. Hot.




2. Mary-Kate and Ashley joined Victoria Beckham in New York as the next celebrity designers to prove they could actually be well...designers. The long sleeved leather tees were a sartorial triumph.



3. Alexander Wang did a kind of grunge version of Clueless with his shrunken risque suits, backpacks and thigh high leg warmers. Cathy Horyn wasn't too complimentary, in the legendary words of Christian: I dug it.


4. Michael Kors returned to his original aesthetic of undiluted luxury, it reminded me of why I fell in love with fashion in the first place. Now, how can I get this coat?

No comments: